Top Quotes From The Summit (Part 2)
It's always good to get a second helping of the Global Leadership Summit. Here are few great thoughts on which to feast.
- Throughout my career there’s never been a job that’s beneath me. Jeffrey Immelt
- People to leader: We can’t tell anything about you when times are good, but we can tell a lot about you in a crisis. Jeff Immelt
- We live in a volatile time, we are not going to have the luxury of going backwards. Leaders have to take people forward. Jeff Immelt
- GE invests one billion dollars a year in leadership training. Jeff Immelt
- Jeffrey Immelt on the differentiator between the good & the best: A willingness to stand apart.
- We can’t guarantee outcomes, but we can guarantee process. Jeffrey Immelt
- The most dangerous mistakes leaders make: Leading for themselves. Patrick Lencioni
- The second biggest mistake leaders make: Failing to embrace vulnerability. Lack of vulnerability destroys trust. I don’t think you can be too vulnerable. Patrick Lencioni
- The third most dangerous mistake leaders make: Making leadership too import. When this happens we confuse our essential identify.
- If it’s not servant leadership, it’s just economics. Patrick Lencioni
- The reason to lead: Because you want to sacrifice for the good of others even though you don’t know the ROI for yourself. Patrick Lencioni
- My success as a leader is being completely docile before God. Patrick Lencioni
You can click here for Part 1 of the Top Quotes Series for the 2014 Global Leadership Summit.